What is Artificial Intelligence in computer science? Before knowing what Artificial intelligence is, let’s know what intelligence is. Some people say Intelligence is the ability to respond, solve a problem, how we respond in different conditions or in different situations.
Intelligence has been defined in many ways. It is nothing but the ability to stay alive, which involves finding food and shelter, solving problems, to be creative, to gather knowledge, to learn and apply those knowledge according to our need. Intelligence can be observed in many living things such as humans, plants, animals and many more.
Definition of Artificial Intelligence:
Intelligence in machines is called Artificial Intelligence. According to John McCarthy, Who is known as the Father of Artificial Intelligence, “ Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the science and engineering of making intelligent machines, especially computer programs.”
Artificial Intelligence is a branch of Computer Science which deals with helping machines find solutions to complex problems in a more human-like manner. AI is a branch of Computer Science which is concerned with the study and creation of computer systems that exhibit some form of Intelligence or those characteristics which we associate with intelligence in human behavior.
Turing Test for Artificial Intelligence (AI).
In 1950, Alan Mathison Turing proposed a test called the Turing Test, to check whether a machine can think like a human or not, If it does then it is a true AI. In this test, We need an Interrogator , a human and an AI. All of them will be in different rooms. Interrogator will ask some questions to both of them and they will answer accordingly. Based on the Answers, If the interrogator is unable to tell the difference between AI and human then we can say that the AI is a True AI.
Applications of Artificial Intelligence:
There are many applications of AI some of them is following:
- Gaming: AI plays a major role in strategic games such as Chess, Poker, Tic-Tac-Toe, etc., Where machines can think of a large number of possible strategies.
- AI Powered Assistant: With the help of AI, now virtual assistants like Google assistant and Alexa are becoming more smart. They are becoming intelligent in understanding people and answering them.
- Ecommerce: AI is perfectly suited to recommending products to ecommerce customers.
- AI in fraud: AI can help in reducing credit card frauds and fake reviews on E-commerce sites
- Navigation using AI: companies like Uber are using AI to make traveling and transport more easy.
- AI in robots: robots powered by AI can make decisions by their own intelligence.
- Artificial intelligence on social media: social media websites are using AI to serve most relevant and personalized ads to their audience. Also they use for it detect any kind of bad things on social media.
- Healthcare Industry: Ai can play a major role in healthcare industries to make a better and faster diagnosis.
- Entertainment: Based on our daily life AI can suggest or recommend better programs or shows to watch.
- Automotive Industries: In the present time various Automotive industries are using AI to provide better performance. Such as Tesla is developing self-driven cars.